Toshiba Reveals 10th Generation Tablet PC With Launch Of Portege M750
Toshiba’s Digital Products Division, an industry leader in mobile computing solutions, today announced its 10th generation Tablet PC in the Portégé M750. The successor to the award-winning Toshiba Portégé M700, the newly configured Portégé M750 features several technologies which differentiate the Tablet PC within the market, including a touch screen LED backlit display, full-performance processor technology, Toshiba’s innovative fourth-generation EasyGuard(R) Technology(1) with PC Health Monitor, and an integrated optical drive.
Toshiba Portege M750
Toshiba’s Portégé M750 is designed, engineered and manufactured exclusively by Toshiba and is ideal for education, legal, healthcare, financial planning and insurance markets with prices starting at $1,699 (MSRP)(2).
Toshiba’s Portégé M750 tablet PC includes the following leading-edge technologies:
- Touch Screen LED Backlit Display: The Portégé M750 detects the presence of a digital pen or a user’s fingertip, automatically switching between the different input methods. Meanwhile, the 12.1-inch LED backlit display produces superb image quality and color saturation both indoors and outdoors.
- Full-Performance Processor Technology: The Portégé M750 is one of the few Tablet PCs incorporating a full-performance Intel® Centrino 2 processor with vPro Technology, which provides users with the power to efficiently run multiple applications simultaneously without system lag or strain.
- EasyGuard® Technology: The Portégé M750 features Toshiba’s fourth-generation EasyGuard Technology with PC Health Monitor. This new feature is a preventative maintenance utility that continuously checks the performance and functionality of a laptop’s critical hardware components and will alert users when the system is in need of a tune up. PC Health Monitor tracks the status of critical components, such as hard drive status, battery life and CPU temperature and system cooling warnings. In addition to PC Health Monitor, EasyGuard is a proprietary, value-added series of hardware and software enhancements designed to better protect and secure one’s laptop during everyday computing. Components include HDD Protection, a spill-resistant keyboard(3), fingerprint reader and Trusted Platform Module (TPM).
- Integrated Optical Drive: Toshiba is one of the few manufactures to offer an optical drive in a Tablet PC. A built-in optical drive reduces the Portégé M750’s travel weight by providing users with an all-in-one solution, eliminating the bulk and inconvenience of carrying additional drives and cables.
- Webcam: The Portégé M750’s Webcam provides mobile professionals the flexibility to communicate face-to-face with colleagues, co-workers and loved ones when out of the office or traveling. The Webcam can take still photos, record video clips and record audio notes.
- Green Attributes: The Portégé M750 is ENERGY STAR® 4.0 compliant and has achieved a Silver status through the Green Electronics Council’s Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT).
The successor to the award-winning Toshiba Portégé M700, the newly configured Portégé M750 features several technologies which differentiate the Tablet PC within the market, including a touch screen LED backlit display, full-performance processor technology, Toshiba’s innovative fourth-generation EasyGuard(R) Technology(1) with PC Health Monitor, and an integrated optical drive.
Toshiba’s Portégé M750 series is available with Toshiba’s three-year standard limited warranty(4), which includes carry-in support at Authorized Service Providers throughout the country such as UPS Stores and Mail Boxes Etc. locations.
As a responsible global corporate citizen, Toshiba designs all of its new laptops to be RoHS compatible(5), effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
Toshiba is offering a new, free electronic trade-in and recycling program which includes all laptop PCs and other select electronics, regardless of manufacturer, that have no trade-in value. For more details, please visit http://explore.toshiba.com/green. No purchase is necessary to participate in the recycling program.
- 1. EasyGuard. Toshiba EasyGuard™ technology comprises a number of features some of which may or may not be available on a particular Toshiba notebook depending on the model selected. See www.easyguard.toshiba.com for detailed information
- 2. Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means “Manufacturers Suggested Retail price.”
- 3. Spill-Resistant Keyboard. Under Toshiba testing conditions, the spill-resistant keyboard delayed the time for a water spill to reach the computer's main board to allow more time to properly close down the machine. Toshiba’s standard limited warranty terms and limitations apply. Visit www.warranty.toshiba.com for details.
- 4. Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba’s standard limited warranty, extended warranty and service upgrade terms and conditions are available at www.warranty.toshiba.com.
- 5. RoHS. This product is compatible with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC. See RoHS legal footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
- Sep 3, 2014
Toshiba Launches Chromebook 2Toshiba today announced its second generation Chromebooks. Featuring an all-new sleek design that houses a 13-inch display in a compact 12-inch chassis, Toshiba’s Chromebook 2 delivers a Chromebook experience that’s tuned for entertainment, while providing versatile performance and fantastic battery life for productivity seekers...
- Jan 6, 2014
Toshiba Showcases Tecra W50 and Satellite P50t, World’s First Ultra HD 4K LaptopsToshiba is showcasing today the world’s first laptops featuring Ultra HD 4K displays during CES 2014. A portable powerhouse built for the most intensive visual and engineering tasks, the Tecra W50 mobile workstation features a 15.6-inch diagonal Ultra HD 4K display, plus unsurpassed durability and one of the thinnest, lightest designs in its class at less than six pounds...
- Jan 6, 2014
Toshiba Introduces Its First ChromebookToshiba today announced the company’s first entry into the growing Chromebook market – and the first device of its kind to feature a 13. “The Toshiba Chromebook will super-charge productivity for consumers, schools and businesses, with its 13-inch screen and long battery life,” said Caesar Sengupta, vice president of product management, Google...
- Oct 29, 2013
Toshiba Announces New Tecra Z40 and A50 LaptopsToshiba today announced two new fully customizable laptops designed for small and medium businesses, the ultramobile 14-inch Tecra Z40 and versatile 15. Encased in a durable textured high-resin plastic, the Tecra A50 includes a full suite of ports, including an eSATA/USB combo port with USB Sleep & Charge technology, Gigabit Ethernet, full-size HDMI and SD Card reader as well as two USB 3.0 ports and a three USB 2.0 ports...
- Oct 7, 2013
Toshiba Updates Portege R30 Ultraportable LaptopToshiba today introduced the Portégé R30 laptop, a premium ultraportable PC as part of its rollout of new business laptops. Making the devices more manageable across a deployment, all of Toshiba's new business laptops now share a common docking port and accessories, such as power adapters and port replicators, making it easier for IT departments to purchase and distribute to users...