Toshiba Expands High Performance Tecra M10 And Tecra A10 Laptop Series
Toshiba’s Digital Products Division, a leader in mobile computing solutions, today announced new 14.1-inch Tecra® M10 and 15.4-inch Tecra® A10 laptops. New innovations to these high-performance business laptop PCs include Toshiba’s fourth-generation EasyGuard® Technology with PC Health Monitor, business card reader and Face Recognition software. Prices for the Tecra M10 start at $1,299 (MSRP)(1), while the Tecra A10 features a starting price of $1,499 (MSRP)(1).
Toshiba Tecra M10
The Tecra M10 and the Tecra A10 each feature Intel Centrino 2 with vPro processor technology to provide powerful performance, 7200rpm hard drive, NVIDIA® Quadro NVS 150M with TurboCache™, 256MB of dedicated graphics memory(2) as well as a high-resolution display. These innovative laptops were designed, engineered and manufactured by Toshiba, resulting in high quality and enhanced reliability making them ideal for today’s small to medium business and education market segments.
Toshiba’s Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 include the following leading-edge technologies:
- EasyGuard® Technology(3): The Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 laptops feature Toshiba’s fourth-generation EasyGuard Technology with PC Health Monitor. This new feature is a preventative maintenance utility that continuously checks the performance and functionality of a laptop’s critical hardware components and will alert users when the system is in need of a tune up. PC Health Monitor tracks the status of critical components, such as hard drive status, battery life and CPU temperature and system cooling warnings. In addition to PC Health Monitor, Toshiba’s EasyGuard Technology is a proprietary, value-added series of hardware and software enhancements designed to better protect and secure one’s laptop during everyday computing. Components include HDD Protection, a spill-resistant keyboard(4), fingerprint reader and Trusted Platform Module (TPM).
- Business Card Reader Software: Toshiba’s 1.3-megapixel Webcam features macro functionality with Presto! BizCard Reader 5 software, allowing business users to quickly and easily scan business cards and organize them into a convenient and searchable database or export to a contact management software program of your choice.
- Face Recognition Software: This technology uses the Tecra M10’s and Tecra A10’s integrated Webcam to grant or deny access to the laptop based on a series of recorded images of the user’s face. This provides mobile professionals with another convenient way to log onto their laptop.
- Ease of Deployment: To better reduce the cost for customers and to simplify the deployment of new laptops, the Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 feature a common motherboard and image. This system commonality also minimizes service and support for organizations.
- USB Sleep-and-Charge/eSATA Combo Port(5): This unique port provides convenience and speed by allowing data transfers to and from an eSATA external hard drive at rates up to five times faster than USB 2.0, and the ability to charge select USB mobile devices whether the laptop is on, off, in sleep or hibernation mode.
- Green Attributes: The Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 are ENERGY STAR® 4.0 compliant and has achieved a Silver status through the Green Electronics Council’s Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT).
EasyGuard® Technology(3): The Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 laptops feature Toshiba’s fourth-generation EasyGuard Technology with PC Health Monitor.
The Tecra M10 and Tecra A10 series are available with a three-year standard limited warranty(6), which includes carry-in support at Authorized Service Providers throughout the country such as UPS Stores and Mail Boxes Etc. locations.
As a responsible global corporate citizen, Toshiba designs all of its new laptops to be RoHS compatible(7), effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
Toshiba is offering a new, free electronic trade-in and recycling program which includes all laptop PCs and other select electronics, regardless of manufacturer, that have no trade-in value. For more details, please visit http://explore.toshiba.com/green. No purchase is necessary to participate in the recycling program.
- 1. Price. Reseller prices may vary. ESUP means “Estimated Single Unit Price.”
- 2. Graphics. GPU performance may vary. See Graphics Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
- 3. EasyGuard. Toshiba EasyGuard™ technology comprises a number of features some of which may or may not be available on a particular Toshiba notebook depending on the model selected. See www.easyguard.toshiba.com for detailed information.
- 4. Spill-Resistant Keyboard. Under Toshiba testing conditions, the spill-resistant keyboard delayed the time for a water spill to reach the computer's main board to allow more time to properly close down the machine. Toshiba’s standard limited warranty terms and limitations apply. Visit www.warranty.toshiba.com for details.
- 5. USB Sleep & Charge. The “
USB Sleep & Charge function” may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.
- 6. Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba’s standard limited warranty, extended warranty and service upgrade terms and conditions are available at www.warranty.toshiba.com.
- 7. RoHS. This product is compatible with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC. See RoHS legal footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
- Sep 3, 2014
Toshiba Launches Chromebook 2Toshiba today announced its second generation Chromebooks. Featuring an all-new sleek design that houses a 13-inch display in a compact 12-inch chassis, Toshiba’s Chromebook 2 delivers a Chromebook experience that’s tuned for entertainment, while providing versatile performance and fantastic battery life for productivity seekers...
- Jan 6, 2014
Toshiba Showcases Tecra W50 and Satellite P50t, World’s First Ultra HD 4K LaptopsToshiba is showcasing today the world’s first laptops featuring Ultra HD 4K displays during CES 2014. A portable powerhouse built for the most intensive visual and engineering tasks, the Tecra W50 mobile workstation features a 15.6-inch diagonal Ultra HD 4K display, plus unsurpassed durability and one of the thinnest, lightest designs in its class at less than six pounds...
- Jan 6, 2014
Toshiba Introduces Its First ChromebookToshiba today announced the company’s first entry into the growing Chromebook market – and the first device of its kind to feature a 13. “The Toshiba Chromebook will super-charge productivity for consumers, schools and businesses, with its 13-inch screen and long battery life,” said Caesar Sengupta, vice president of product management, Google...
- Oct 29, 2013
Toshiba Announces New Tecra Z40 and A50 LaptopsToshiba today announced two new fully customizable laptops designed for small and medium businesses, the ultramobile 14-inch Tecra Z40 and versatile 15. Encased in a durable textured high-resin plastic, the Tecra A50 includes a full suite of ports, including an eSATA/USB combo port with USB Sleep & Charge technology, Gigabit Ethernet, full-size HDMI and SD Card reader as well as two USB 3.0 ports and a three USB 2.0 ports...
- Oct 7, 2013
Toshiba Updates Portege R30 Ultraportable LaptopToshiba today introduced the Portégé R30 laptop, a premium ultraportable PC as part of its rollout of new business laptops. Making the devices more manageable across a deployment, all of Toshiba's new business laptops now share a common docking port and accessories, such as power adapters and port replicators, making it easier for IT departments to purchase and distribute to users...