Toshiba Expands Thin-and-light Laptop Family With Addition Of 14.1-inch Business Solution
Toshiba’s Digital Products Division, a leading provider of mobile computing solutions, today announced its latest thin-and-light business laptop with the Tecra® R10. Measuring 1.13-inches thin(1) and weighing 4.4 pounds(2), this feature-rich laptop PC incorporates Toshiba’s innovative fourth-generation EasyGuard® Technology(3) with PC Health Monitor, up to five hours battery life(4) and an integrated optical drive.
Toshiba Tecra R10
Business users will also find Toshiba packed the performance of an Intel Centrino 2 with vPro processor technology, NVIDIA® Quadro® NVS with 128MB of dedicated graphics memory(5) as well as a 7200 rpm hard drive into the thin-and-light form factor of the Tecra R10. Pricing for the Tecra R10 laptop PC starts at $1,549 (MSRP)(6).
“Designed, engineered and manufactured by Toshiba, the Tecra R10 provides high quality, enhanced reliability and premium mobility features for professionals who need a thin-and-light laptop PC with a larger display,” said Carl Pinto, vice president, product development and marketing, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. “The use of miniaturization and power management efficiency make the Tecra R10 one of the most energy-efficient thin-and-light laptops available on the market today.”
Toshiba’s Tecra R10 laptop PC features the following high-performance technology components:
- Display: Toshiba’s Tecra R10 features a Z-hinge design with a 135-degree opening, to provide a slim profile design. The use of LED backlighting further reduces the Tecra R10’s thickness when compared to laptops with standard CCFL backlighting systems.
- EasyGuard® Technology: Toshiba’s Tecra R10 laptop features Toshiba’s fourth-generation EasyGuard Technology with PC Health Monitor. This new feature is a preventative maintenance utility that continuously checks the performance and functionality of a laptop’s critical hardware components and will alert users when the system is in need of a tune up. PC Health Monitor tracks the status of critical components, such as hard drive status, battery life and CPU temperature and system cooling warnings. In addition to PC Health Monitor, Toshiba’s EasyGuard Technology is a proprietary, value-added series of hardware and software enhancements designed to better protect and secure one’s laptop during everyday computing. Components include HDD Protection, a spill-resistant keyboard(7), fingerprint reader and Trusted Platform Module (TPM).
- Processor: A full-powered, energy-efficient 25W Intel® Centrino 2 processor on the Tecra R10 laptop PC allows Toshiba to use a more compact cooling system, including smaller fans and heat sink, which enables a thinner and lighter design. The adoption of this processor helps the Tecra R10 deliver up to 5 hours of battery life(4).
- ExpressCard: The ExpressCard slot supports both ExpressCard/34 and ExpressCard/54 form factors and offers increased bandwidth and hot-swapping capabilities.
- USB Sleep-and-Charge/eSATA Combo Port(8): This unique port provides convenience and speed by allowing data transfers to and from an eSATA external hard drive at rates up to five times faster than USB 2.0, and the ability to charge select USB mobile devices whether the laptop is on, off, or in sleep or hibernation mode.
- Green Attributes: The Tecra R10 is ENERGY STAR® 4.0 compliant and has achieved a Silver status through the Green Electronics Council’s Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT).
“Designed, engineered and manufactured by Toshiba, the Tecra R10 provides high quality, enhanced reliability and premium mobility features for professionals who need a thin-and-light laptop PC with a larger display,”
Complete product specifications for all Tecra R10 models are available at www.explore.toshiba.com/laptops/tecra/R10.
The Tecra R10 is available with a three-year standard limited warranty(9), which includes carry-in support at Authorized Service Providers throughout the country such as UPS Stores and Mail Boxes Etc. locations.
As a responsible global corporate citizen, Toshiba designs all of its new laptops to be RoHS compatible(10), effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
Toshiba is offering a new, free electronic trade-in and recycling program which includes all laptop PCs and other select electronics, regardless of manufacturer, that have no trade-in value. For more details, please visit http://explore.toshiba.com/green. No purchase is necessary to participate in the recycling program.
- 1. Height. Measured at the thinnest edge of the notebook computer.
- 2. Weight. Weight may vary depending on product configuration, vendor components, manufacturing variability and options selected.
- 3. EasyGuard. Toshiba EasyGuard technology comprises a number of features some of which may or may not be available on a particular Toshiba notebook depending on the model selected. See www.easyguard.toshiba.com for detailed information.
- 4. Battery Life. Measured by [MobileMark™ or Business Winstone BatteryMark™.] Battery life may vary. See Battery Life Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
- 5. Graphics. GPU performance may vary. See Graphics Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
- 6. Price. Reseller prices may vary. ESUP means “Estimated Single Unit Price.”
- 7. Spill-Resistant Keyboard. Under Toshiba testing conditions, the spill-resistant keyboard delayed the time for a water spill to reach the computer's main board to allow more time to properly close down the machine. Toshiba’s standard limited warranty terms and limitations apply. Visit www.warranty.toshiba.com for details.
- 8. USB Sleep & Charge. The “
USB Sleep & Charge function” may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.
- 9. Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba’s standard limited warranty, extended warranty and service upgrade terms and conditions are available at www.warranty.toshiba.com.
- 10. RoHS. This product is compatible with European Union Directive 2002/95/EC. See RoHS legal footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
- Sep 3, 2014
Toshiba Launches Chromebook 2Toshiba today announced its second generation Chromebooks. Featuring an all-new sleek design that houses a 13-inch display in a compact 12-inch chassis, Toshiba’s Chromebook 2 delivers a Chromebook experience that’s tuned for entertainment, while providing versatile performance and fantastic battery life for productivity seekers...
- Jan 6, 2014
Toshiba Showcases Tecra W50 and Satellite P50t, World’s First Ultra HD 4K LaptopsToshiba is showcasing today the world’s first laptops featuring Ultra HD 4K displays during CES 2014. A portable powerhouse built for the most intensive visual and engineering tasks, the Tecra W50 mobile workstation features a 15.6-inch diagonal Ultra HD 4K display, plus unsurpassed durability and one of the thinnest, lightest designs in its class at less than six pounds...
- Jan 6, 2014
Toshiba Introduces Its First ChromebookToshiba today announced the company’s first entry into the growing Chromebook market – and the first device of its kind to feature a 13. “The Toshiba Chromebook will super-charge productivity for consumers, schools and businesses, with its 13-inch screen and long battery life,” said Caesar Sengupta, vice president of product management, Google...
- Oct 29, 2013
Toshiba Announces New Tecra Z40 and A50 LaptopsToshiba today announced two new fully customizable laptops designed for small and medium businesses, the ultramobile 14-inch Tecra Z40 and versatile 15. Encased in a durable textured high-resin plastic, the Tecra A50 includes a full suite of ports, including an eSATA/USB combo port with USB Sleep & Charge technology, Gigabit Ethernet, full-size HDMI and SD Card reader as well as two USB 3.0 ports and a three USB 2.0 ports...
- Oct 7, 2013
Toshiba Updates Portege R30 Ultraportable LaptopToshiba today introduced the Portégé R30 laptop, a premium ultraportable PC as part of its rollout of new business laptops. Making the devices more manageable across a deployment, all of Toshiba's new business laptops now share a common docking port and accessories, such as power adapters and port replicators, making it easier for IT departments to purchase and distribute to users...