Toshiba Serves Up Elite Mobile Performance With Qosmio X770 And Qosmio X770 3D Series Laptops
Toshiba today announced U.S. retail pricing and availability for the Qosmio® X770 and Qosmio X770 3D series of high-performance laptops. Most ideal for demanding visual tasks like gaming and media creation, these laptops feature a high-performance blend of processor technologies from Intel® and NVIDIA®, while delivering ultra-fast components, entertainment-focused features and 3D technology for consumers looking for maximum mobile performance. Starting at $1,199 MSRP1, the Qosmio X770 and Qosmio X770 3D Series are available at participating retailers later this month.
Qosmio represents Toshiba's ability to make cutting-edge mobile computing technologies more accessible to the mass market,” said Carl Pinto, vice president of product development, Toshiba America Information Systems, Digital Products Division. “
With the Qosmio X770 and Qosmio X770 3D laptops, gamers, content creators and multimedia enthusiasts will be able to enjoy the latest HD content with amazing audio, even in vivid stereoscopic 3D.”
Toshiba Qosmio X770
Qosmio X770—Serious Power for Serious Gaming and HD Media
Qosmio X770 laptops are equipped with powerful processors, ultra-fast components and latest-generation technologies to meet the needs of consumers demanding more performance from their portable PC. One of the first laptops to feature the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M graphics processor2 with 1.5GB of discrete graphics memory3 plus battery-saving Optimus™ technology, the Qosmio X770 is able to handle demanding DirectX® 11 games with ease while delivering plenty of performance for media creation apps. Offering a choice of 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i5 or i7 processors4, configurations are available with up to 8GB RAM33, plenty of ports, including a USB 3.0 port5, plus hard drive storage options scaling up to 1 terabyte6.
Featuring a 17.3-inch diagonal HD+ TruBrite® LED backlit display7, the Qosmio X770 features built-in premium harman/kardon® speakers and subwoofer tuned with sound enhancement technologies from Dolby® and MaxxAudio 3 by Waves Audio. Dressed in a premium Fusion® X2 finish and a raised-tile keyboard enhanced with red LED backlighting, the Qosmio X770 delivers distinctive and durable styling that is sure to turn heads. The laptop features a full range of Toshiba "Smart" features, including USB Sleep & Charge8 and Toshiba Sleep & Music9, enhancing the laptop's capabilities to power up smartphones and sound to MP3 players while powered down. Additional configuration options include a Blu-ray Disc™ player10 and Bluetooth v3.0.
Qosmio X770 3D—Gaming in the Third Dimension
The Qosmio X770 3D, featuring NVIDIA 3D Vision™ technology11, offers full stereoscopic 3D entertainment for gaming, movies, photos and more. Featuring a 17.3-inch diagonal 120Hz 3D-ready, 1080p HD TruBrite LED backlit display7, this laptop includes a pair of wireless active shutter glasses for out-of-the-box 3D enjoyment, plus essential components for Blu-ray 3D playback, 2D-to-3D movie conversion12, plus output to a 3DTV, the Qosmio X770 3D delivers a full suite of 3D enjoyment.
Offering the same high-end processors, components and styling featured in the Qosmio X770, the Qosmio X770 3D maxes out the platform even further with a 1.25 terabyte hard drive6 with Hybrid Drive technology, plus a Blu-ray Disc™ Rewriteable drive9. The Qosmio X775 3D carries as MSRP1 of $1,899.99 MSRP1.
Pricing and Availability
The Qosmio X770 Series starts at $1,199.99 MSRP11 and will be available later this month at major retailers, e-tailers and direct from Toshiba at ToshibaDirect.com.
1. Price. Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means “
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.”
Featuring a 17.3-inch diagonal 120Hz 3D-ready, 1080p HD TruBrite LED backlit display, this laptop includes a pair of wireless active shutter glasses for out-of-the-box 3D enjoyment, plus essential components for Blu-ray 3D playback, 2D-to-3D movie conversion, plus output to a 3DTV, the Qosmio X770 3D delivers a full suite of 3D enjoyment.
2. Graphics. GPU performance may vary.
3. Memory. Memory size may vary.
4. Processor. CPU performance may vary.
5. USB 3.0. 5Gbps is the maximum theoretical interface transfer rate per the specifications of the Universal Serial Bus 3.0. Actual transfer rate will vary depending on your system configuration and other factors.
6. Hard Disk Drive Capacity. Hard drive capacity may vary. 1 Gigabyte (GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10.
7. Display. Any small bright dots that may appear on your display are an intrinsic characteristic of the thin film transistors manufacturing technology.
8. The “
USB Sleep & Charge function” may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.
9. Toshiba Sleep & Music. In this mode, the headphone jack and mute functions are disabled. The volume and sound quality will diminish as the speakers not tuned in Windows® mode. Use the volume control on your audio device to adjust sound. Audio line-in cable is not included.
10. Blu-ray Disc™ Player Technology. Compatibility and/or performance issues are possible.
11. NVIDIA® 3D Vision™. Some individuals may experience health-related complications when exposed to certain 3D images. Parents should monitor and/or supervise their children's use of 3D Vision. If you or your child should experience any problem, immediately stop using 3D Vision and consult a physician. Carefully read safety instructions included with the NVIDIA 3D Vision kit and take the "User Vision Test" in the setup wizard before you or your child use 3D Vision. If you see excessive flicker in your peripheral vision, change the refresh rate of your display.
12. Toshiba Video Player 3D Technology (2D to 3D Conversion). Supported media types are Standard Definition DVD disks and selected video games when used with compatible 3D glasses. 3D effect and image quality may vary depending upon content quality and display device capability/functionality/settings. This technology does not currently support Blu-ray Disc™ format media. The 3D effect function is activated and controlled by you for your personal enjoyment of 2D home video in 3D according to your personal preference. It is not intended for unauthorized use of copyrighted works. To the extent you need to obtain permission from a right holder to view copyrighted works, it is your responsibility to obtain such permission.
- Jun 14, 2011
Toshiba today announced a new family of premium laptops, the Satellite® P700 Series. Equipped with a 15.6-inch diagonal 120Hz, 3D-ready HD TruBrite display and NVIDIA 3D Vision™ technology this laptop includes a pair of wireless active shutter glasses for out-of-the-box 3D enjoyment, plus essential components or Blu-ray 3D playback, 2D-to-3D DVD movie conversion, plus output to a 3D HDTV, the Satellite P750 3D delivers a full suite of 3D enjoyment...
- Jun 14, 2011
Toshiba today announced its latest line of smartly equipped yet affordable Satellite® L700 and Satellite C600 Series laptops. The Satellite L700 Series consists of four model classes: the highly-mobile Satellite L735, featuring a 13.3-inch diagonal widescreen display, the lightweight Satellite L745 with a 14-inch diagonal display, the versatile Satellite L755 with a 15.6-inch diagonal display and the Satellite L775 desktop replacement with a 17.3-inch diagonal display...
- Jun 9, 2011
Toshiba today confirmed details around the upcoming launch of the Thrive™ Tablet, its first Android™-powered tablet for the U. Previously introduced as the "Toshiba Tablet," the Thrive Tablet is set to deliver a more complete tablet experience by offering to consumers a tablet designed to deliver more performance, features and connectivity options than other tablets...
- Apr 12, 2011
Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. Tecra R840 Series laptops can be configured with Intel Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 processors and features a battery life rating of up to 11 hours when configured with a Solid State Drive...
- Jan 5, 2011
Toshiba today announced its newest netbooks built for comfort, including the all new mini NB505 and an update to the award-winning mini NB305, featuring enhanced styling and performance. The 2.6 pound mini NB305 features a 250GB hard drive supported by Toshiba's Hard Drive Impact Sensor, 1GB of DDR3 RAM and includes a USB 2.0 port with Sleep & Charge that enables users to charge various devices even when the unit is turned off or in sleep mode...