Toshiba Reveals Redesigned Satellite Laptops Loaded With Premium Features, Priced For New Economy
Toshiba today unveiled the latest models in its top-selling line of Satellite consumer laptops. Built with the new economy in mind, the new Satellite line-up delivers performance, features and style while answering consumer demand for more battery life and eco-efficiency. Offered at a variety of price points starting at $699.992, these Satellite laptops offer maximum value to students, home and power users alike.
With three different product series, Satellite laptops make it easy for consumers to find the laptop that's right for them. The Satellite M Series offers great multimedia performance and everyday mobility, while the more powerful Satellite A and Satellite P Series, deliver an excellent platform for powering HD entertainment.
Toshiba Satellite M500
Toshiba is the first manufacturer to deliver a fully redesigned and brand new line of consumer laptops specifically for this new economy,” said Ron Smith, vice president of marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "This new portfolio of mobility and entertainment laptops is the result of listening to consumer demands. We focused on incorporating premium new features and style elements at price points that make sense for everyone, whether they need a new laptop for home, work or school."
The new Satellites feature an entirely redesigned form factor, incorporating new premium finishes, such as the Fusion™ Finish with a new Sonic pattern in Onyx black on all Satellite A, M and P Series laptops, as well as polished chrome accents and new modern keyboards. Additional new features available on select models include:
- High Definition Widescreen Display: The new HD TruBrite™ widescreen displays feature a stunning 16:9 aspect ratio1 and native 720p resolution, offering more viewing space than standard displays while delivering a more enjoyable TV-like experience. In addition, select models include LED backlit displays that light up instantly and are more environmentally conscious and energy-efficient than standard TFT LCD displays.
- Cinematic 'Edge-to-Edge' Display: With an uninterrupted, seamless edge between the glass screen and stylish chrome trim, users will be able to focus on the task at hand without distraction.
- New Sleek Flat Keyboard with black matte finish: A comfortable typing surface and premium look that is less prone to fingerprints.
- Illuminating LED Backlit Keyboard: Enjoy more computing time even in lower light conditions.
- Slot-loading DVD Drive: Combining fashion and function, the adoption of slot-loading drives eliminates external moving parts and makes loading DVDs and CDs easier in confined spaces. The new drives have all the same capabilities of Toshiba's DVD SuperMulti drives with Labelflash.
- Touchpad with Multi-Touch Control: The standard touchpad now includes multi-finger touch control capabilities, making it easier to scroll and navigate through Web pages and long documents or rotate and zoom into images. These new touchpads feature four gestures: Rotate, Ping, Momentum and Scroll.
- Toshiba Power-saving Eco Utility button: From a new button on the Feathertouch control panel above the keyboard, users can now access a utility that allows them to monitor and adjust their power consumption and settings in real-time. The utility also provides daily, weekly and monthly analysis reports that show accumulated power savings.
- Toshiba PC Health Monitor: A system utility that proactively checks the critical components of the laptop for problematic conditions, such as battery performance, heat and hard drive movement and alerts the user to potential problems before it's too late.
- Hard Drive Impact Sensor: A built-in 3D accelerometer that protects the user's hard drive to safeguard data from the daily bumps of mobile life.
The new Satellites feature an entirely redesigned form factor, incorporating new premium finishes, such as the Fusion™ Finish with a new Sonic pattern in Onyx black on all Satellite A, M and P Series laptops, as well as polished chrome accents and new modern keyboards.
The new Satellite laptops continue to include premium features such as LED-illuminated Feathertouch multimedia command keys, built-in Webcams with Toshiba's face recognition software, harmon/kardon® speakers and Toshiba's innovative eSATA/USB combo ports with USB Sleep-and-Charge at starting price points ranging from $699.99 to $849.992. They include:
- For Multimedia and Mobility:
- The Satellite M500/M505: The Satellite M Series is a versatile, upscale multimedia performance laptop for work and play for home users, students and mobile enthusiasts. With its dashing good looks, this laptop packages performance-class technology with a 14-inch high-def LED display perfect for enjoying digital media, casual gaming or even getting work done. Pricing starts at $699.99 MSRP2.
- For Widescreen HD Entertainment:
- The Satellite A500/A505: The Satellite A Series is an entertainment-packed performance laptop that combines high-end processing with Toshiba's latest design elements – perfect for home users and tech enthusiasts. The sleek Satellite A Series 16-inch diagonal widescreen HD Edge-to-Edge display on particular models, grill-encased harmon/kardon® speakers, slot-loading DVD drive and glossy Fusion finish will turn heads, and its astonishing performance and massive hard drive will keep you entertained for hours on the go. Pricing starts at $749.99 MSRP2.
- The Satellite P500/P505: Featuring a massive 18.4-diagonal widescreen HD TruBrite display, the Satellite P Series is designed with digital media enthusiasts and mainstream PC gamers in mind. The Satellite P Series offers more than an ordinary laptop, and not just in size. Featuring grill-encased harmon/kardon speakers, as well as sleek slot-loading DVD drives and glossy Fusion Finish with Toshiba's new Sonic pattern, this high-performance desktop replacement also incorporates powerful processing muscle. Select models also include Edge-to-Edge displays and illuminating backlit keyboards. Pricing starts at $799.99 MSRP2.
Greener than Ever
All new Toshiba laptops are RoHS-compatible, effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances. In addition, all of Toshiba's new laptops are boxed in packing made of 90 percent recyclable materials.
Toshiba also offers a computer trade-in and recycling program to reduce environmental impact and promote efficient utilization of resources. All Toshiba computers qualify for free recycling, while non-Toshiba computers and other consumer electronic products can be recycled for a small fee. For more information please visit: laptops.toshiba.com/green.
The new Satellite laptop models are available today in both Intel and AMD CPU configurations and can be purchased at a variety of major consumer electronics and computer stores nationwide or directly from Toshiba at toshibadirect.com. Detailed product specifications and feature information can be found at laptops.toshiba.com/satellite.
- Jun 23, 2009
Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. The new Satellite L Series laptop models are available today in both Intel and AMD CPU configurations and can be purchased at a variety of major consumer electronics and computer stores nationwide or directly from Toshiba at toshibadirect.com...
- Jun 23, 2009
The new Toshiba Satellite Pro® L300 models are designed for small- and medium-sized business as well as small-office and home-office professionals looking for performance, quality and durability at a great value. Engineered and manufactured by Toshiba, the Satellite Pro L300 series offers users an affordable desktop replacement which incorporates essential business features such as a 15.4-inch diagonal TruBrite® LCD screen, larger capacity HDD, Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor, Genuine Windows® XP Professional (with Vista Business media), 802.11a/g/n, a built-in Webcam and Toshiba's one year standard limited Warranty...
- Jun 2, 2009
Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. Ideal for digitally-active consumers who need a compact companion PC that's easy to carry, the Toshiba mini NB205 series incorporates key usability, durability and style features that have yet to be seen in other mini notebooks at a competitive price point...
- May 14, 2009
Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. Its heritage of developing first to market advanced technologies that keep mobile professionals ahead of the curve is a unique asset to Toshiba's business," said Carl Pinto, vice president product development, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc...
- Apr 7, 2009
The latest Toshiba Satellite Pro® S300 model, the S300-EZ2521 is designed for business professionals looking for more laptop at a lower price without sacrificing performance and functionality. "We continue to bring to market products that utilize the latest technology advancements, while providing competitive pricing that cost-conscious mobile professionals can afford," said Carl Pinto, vice president of Product Development & Marketing of Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc...